Part Time Communications Coordinator
Haymarket People’s Fund is an anti-racist and multi-cultural foundation that is committed to strengthening the movement for social justice in New England. The Haymarket office, located in Jamaica Plain, MA, with a budget of over a million dollars includes a grant-making program and organizes to increase sustainable community philanthropy throughout our region.
It is the job of the Communications Coordinator to ensure that Haymarket members and the general public are made aware of Haymarket activities in an effective and timely manner.
Develop and implement a marketing and communications plan for Haymarket and ensure effective and efficient communications with internal and external audiences. Evaluate methods of communication effectiveness. Develop additional methods of communication including use of new technology. Provide oversight and guidance for the Haymarket website.
Review the strategic plan to ensure that strategies and tactics relevant to the work of the committee are being fulfilled and provide marketing/communications input on future strategic planning processes to ensure that major work of the committee is reflected in the strategic plan. The communications coordinator reports to the Development Director.
Operate within budgetary parameters and provide the following guidance to Development Director:
● Develop and implement a marketing and communications plan for Haymarket’s internal and external audiences.
● Ensure effective and efficient communications with internal and external audiences.
● Create a Communications calendar to track and prepare for ongoing messages throughout the year.
● Create our biannual newsletter and generate all content for the newsletters by crafting our grantee spotlights, featuring upcoming events and highlighting our volunteers.
● Create content in real time to reflect on what is happening in the communities we serve and in response to events or current affairs in the region or nationally.
● Evaluate methods of communication between national, states, and members.
● Develop alternative methods of communication including use of social media.
● Manage our website and provide oversight and guidance for continuous updates and changes.
● Create graphic designs, including infographics, for use in communications materials
● Track results from all communications efforts and create a strategy to become more effective and impactful in our communication efforts
● Ability to respond to current local and national actions in real time in consultation with staff and at times in collaboration with Haymarket’s Board of Directors
● Managing our social media platforms
● Managing our email communications program by drafting all content for external communications via emails from our software providers such as Robly and Salsa. Creating Newsletter both Digital and Paper Form
● Staying connected with the activities of grantees
● Coordinating direct mail content for fundraising
● Participate in staff meetings
● Occasional travel and willingness to work some nights and weekends.
● Strong commitment to anti-racism work.
● An articulated progressive political vision and ability to embrace and support the mission of Haymarket People’s Fund.
● Minimum of 4-5 years of communications experience
● Outstanding verbal and writing skills, ability to create and maintain excellent records and reports
● Excellent interpersonal skills; ability to build relationships across lines based on race, class, gender, sexual orientation, age and ability
● Knowledge of and experience using multiple social media platforms
● Proficiency using Adobe Creative Suite, Google Suite, Microsoft Office Suite, Salsa Engage CRM
● Experience updating and creating website content
● Strong graphic design skills
● Strong organizational and interpersonal skills
● Ability to work on a team, as well as to take initiative and work independently, meet deadlines and coordinate activities with other staff
● Quick learner
● Ability to handle multiple complex projects at once
● Highly organized with attention to detail
● Enthusiastic, flexible, self-motivated, dependable, responsible, patient and creative
* Salary and Benefits: Salary for this position is $40,000 annually, with full benefits
To apply please submit a cover letter, resume, job application and a writing/graphic design sample to email@example.com
Accepting Applications until position is filled.